Katahdin Sheep: Naturally Raised on Rotational Grazing of Diverse Cover Crop Vegetation
Our sheep are born and raised on our farm. Their diet consists of bio-mimicry diverse cover crop vegetation along with grass. They are not feed any grain. Our male lambs are harvested for meat at the age of 10 months. Meat cuts are currently available. Whole lambs may be purchased and processed to your individual specifications.
Green Pastures LLC Lamb
- We provide our sheep a natural and humane living environment. An animal’s environment, quality food source, healthy soil of food source, and handling are key to a healthy animal. No grain, growth hormones, antibotics, or the like are fed to our sheep. They live in a natural environment and grow at a natural rate.
- Research studies indicate that grass‐fed lamb is more healthy than conventionally fed lamb:
- Omega‐3, +25% ALA, +49% TOTAL FAT, ‐15%
- Lamb is excellent source of vitamin B12, niacin, B6, folate, choline, and more.
- Source: the world’s healthiest foods, whfoods.org